MEMBER SHIP TERMS
membership agreement (e.g. for a credit card)
CHITOSE BIO EVOLUTION PTE. LTD. Japan Branch (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") plans and operates Microalgae Towards Sustainable and Resilient Industry (abbreviated as "MATSURI"). You may create an account based on the Membership Agreement (hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement"). You may become a member of the MATSURI website (https://matsuri.chitose-bio.com/) (the "Website") by creating an account in accordance with the Membership Agreement (the "Agreement"). You may become a member of the MATSURI Website (the "Website") by creating an account in accordance with the Membership Agreement ("Agreement").
Article 1 Chitose Members
You may use services for members ("Member Services") through your account in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth by the Company. You may use the services for members (hereinafter referred to as "Member Services") through your account in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the Company. The Website may require registration of separately specified items, and you may be required to agree to terms and conditions of use in advance.
Article 2 Membership Registration
1. Upon agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and completing the prescribed registration procedures, a contract (hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement") is formed between you and the Company that contains the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, and you are qualified to become a member. The membership registration process is a self-registration process. The membership registration process must be completed by the individual who is to become a member. A customer who qualifies for membership in accordance with this Article is hereinafter referred to as a "member.
2 The Company reserves the right to refuse membership applications from those whose memberships have been revoked in the past or from those whom the Company deems unsuitable for membership.
3Please enter true and accurate information in the prescribed form during the registration process. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by you due to any falsehood, error, omission, etc. in such information, except in cases where such loss or damage is attributable to the Company.
ARTICLE 3 ID AND PASSWORD MANAGEMENT
MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING THEIR IDS AND PASSWORDS TO USE THEIR ACCOUNTS, INCLUDING CHANGING THEM PERIODICALLY. IF THE COMPANY CONFIRMS BY A PREDETERMINED METHOD THAT THE COMBINATION OF ID AND PASSWORD ENTERED OR USED MATCHES THE ONE REGISTERED BY THE MEMBER, THE COMPANY WILL ASSUME THAT THE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN USED BY THE MEMBER AND PROVIDE MEMBERSHIP SERVICES TO THE PERSON WHO LOGGED IN. EVEN IF A THIRD PARTY OTHER THAN THE MEMBER CONCERNED USES THE MEMBER'S ACCOUNT DUE TO THEFT, MISUSE, OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH USE, EXCEPT FOR REASONS ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE COMPANY.
Article 4 Transactions Using Your Account
Transactions on the Member Services (including purchases of products or services, offers to purchase products or services, and other expressions of intent related to transactions) made by Members using their accounts. The same applies below). (2) Transactions on the Member Services (including purchases of products or services, offers to purchase products or services, and other transactions) made by Members using their accounts are conducted directly between Members and the other party to such transactions. The Company shall not be a party to the transaction except as a counterparty to the member, and shall not be liable for the transaction except for reasons attributable to the Company or as otherwise stipulated in the Membership Service Agreement or contract.
Article 5 Change of Registered Information
If there are any changes to the information you have registered as a member (hereinafter referred to as "registered information") If there are any changes to the information registered as a member (hereinafter referred to as "Registration Information"), please change it promptly. The Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a member due to failure to change the registration information, except for reasons attributable to the Company. In addition, even if changes are made, transactions that have already been processed prior to the change will be conducted based on the information that existed prior to the change.
Article 6 Notices by the Company
1Notices, etc. from the Company to members regarding member services are sent by e-mail to registered e-mail addresses, posted on the Company's website, or by other means deemed appropriate by the Company.
2 Members agree in advance that if the Company sends a notice by e-mail, the notice from the Company will be deemed to have arrived when the Company sends the e-mail to the registered e-mail address and the member is able to view the e-mail, or when 24 hours have passed since the Company sent the e-mail, whichever comes first. The member agrees in advance to this, and shall make the changes to the registration information as described in the preceding article.
Article 7: Handling of Personal Information
Article 8 Prohibitions
1. When using member services, members shall not engage in any of the following acts or acts that may lead to such acts.
- Violation of laws, court judgments, decisions or orders, or legally binding administrative measures
- Acts detrimental to public order or good morals
- Provision of benefits or other acts of cooperation with antisocial forces
- Any act that infringes on the rights, profits, or reputation of the Company or any third party
- Impersonating a third party or intentionally sending false information
- Unauthorized collection, disclosure or provision of personal information or other privacy-related information of a third party
- Unauthorized access, use of a third party's account, creation or possession of multiple accounts, and other similar acts
- Actions that induce malfunction of member services
- Actions that cause behavior that utilizes bugs not normally intended for the member service, or use, create, or distribute external tools that have effects not normally intended for the member service.
- Actions that place an excessive burden on the servers related to Member Services
- Transmitting or disseminating harmful programs such as computer viruses to the Company or third parties.
- In addition to those listed in the preceding items, any other actions that the Company deems inappropriate.
2The Member shall not assign, lend, sell, pledge as collateral, or otherwise dispose of the Account and any rights and obligations, including the status of the Account and this Agreement, to any third party.
Article 9. Suspension of Use, Cancellation of Membership, etc.
1 If the Company determines that a member falls under any of the following items, the Company may, without prior notice, take measures such as suspending the member's use of the member service, suspending the member's account, changing the member's ID and password, or revoking the member's membership. The Company shall not be held responsible for any disadvantage or damage incurred by a member as a result of such measures, except in cases where such disadvantage or damage is attributable to the Company.
(1) In the event that the member has committed an act in violation of the law or these Terms and Conditions
(2) When a Member has committed a fraudulent act in connection with the use of the Member Services
(3) When there are more than a certain number of password input errors or when it is necessary to ensure the security of this website.
(4) In addition to the preceding items, when the Company deems it inappropriate
2In addition to the measures stipulated in the preceding paragraph, if a member fails to log in a certain number of times within a certain period of time, the Company may take the measures stipulated in each item of the preceding paragraph without prior notice.
Article 10 Withdrawal and Termination of this Agreement
1Member may terminate this Agreement at any time through the withdrawal procedure prescribed by the Company.
2. In the event of termination of this Agreement by the withdrawal procedure or for any reason whatsoever, the member will immediately lose all access to the account and member services, and all member rights held in connection with member services will be extinguished, unless otherwise specified by the Company for each service, and the member will have no recourse against the Company, except for reasons attributable to the Company. The Member may not make any claim against the Company except for reasons attributable to the Company.
3 Regardless of the reason for termination, if a member owed a debt to the Company prior to the termination of this Agreement, such debt is not extinguished even after the termination of this Agreement, and the member must repay all such debts to the Company immediately after the termination of this Agreement, unless otherwise specified by the Company.
4Members agree in advance that if they cancel their membership, all accounts corresponding to the Company ID provided by the Company will be deleted at the same time, and that they may not be able to use any member services provided by other companies in the Company group, if any.
Article 11 Change, Suspension, Termination, etc. of Member Services
1 The Company may change or add to all or part of the contents of the member service, or terminate the provision of the member service.
2In the case of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall provide information to members at the appropriate time and in the appropriate manner.
3The Company may temporarily suspend all or part of the member services without prior notice to members in the following cases
(1) For periodic or emergency maintenance or repair of the system
(2) When the system is overloaded due to excessive access, etc.
(3) When it becomes necessary to ensure the security of the member, the Company, the Group, or a third party
(4) When it is difficult to provide member services due to a communications line outage, natural disaster, fire, power outage, other unforeseen accidents, or force majeure such as war, conflict, upheaval, riot, or labor disputes.
(5) When the Company deems it necessary to interrupt other Member Services in light of circumstances related to each Member Service.
4The Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by a member as a result of actions taken by the Company in accordance with this Article, except in cases where the damage is attributable to the Company.
Article 12 Disclaimer of Warranty and Disclaimer of Liability
1 Members understand and agree that the Company makes no warranty that the contents and all other information provided by the Company through the Member Services are free from errors, bugs, defects, or security flaws, that they do not infringe on the rights of third parties, that they have the characteristics expected by members, or that they conform to the laws and regulations applicable to members. Members understand and agree that the Member Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis at the time the Member Services are provided, and that they use the Member Services at their own risk.
2 The Company makes no warranty herein regarding the authenticity, accuracy, currency, usefulness, reliability, legality, or non-infringement of third party rights with respect to the contents of the services available through Member's account.
3If the Company is liable to a member in connection with the member's use of the member service, the Company shall compensate the member only for normal and direct damages actually incurred by the member, except in cases of intentional or gross negligence on the part of the Company, and shall not be liable for damages arising from special circumstances (including cases where the Company foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of the damage). (including cases in which the insured foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of the damage). The Company shall not be liable for damages arising out of special circumstances (including cases where the Company foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of damages).
Article 13 Revision, etc. of these Rules and Regulations
1The Company may change the contents of the Terms and Conditions to the extent that it does not conflict with the purpose of the Terms and Conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Code pertaining to changes to standardized terms and conditions, if it is in the general interest of members, or if there are reasonable grounds, such as changes in social conditions, economic circumstances, actual conditions regarding member services, or changes in laws and regulations. The Company may change the contents of the Terms and Conditions to the extent not inconsistent with the purpose of the Terms and Conditions.
2If the Company decides to change the Terms and Conditions in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Company shall notify the members by displaying the changed Terms and Conditions on the Website or by other means specified by the Company, and the changed Terms and Conditions shall apply from the date a reasonable period of at least one month has elapsed as specified at the time of such notification. The revised Terms and Conditions shall apply from the date a reasonable period of at least one month has elapsed as specified in the notice.
4 The Company may transfer the business related to member services to a third party, or have a merger or corporate split, etc., and have the transferee, etc., succeed to the status, rights, and obligations under the Agreement. The member agrees in advance to such assignment, etc.
Article 14 Governing Law, Agreed Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan, and in the event that a lawsuit becomes necessary in relation to these Terms and Conditions, the Yokohama District Court or Yokohama Summary Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction as the court of first instance.
Established February 17, 2023