CHITOSE BIO EVOLUTION PTE. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") has established the Microalgae Towards Sustainable and Resilient Industry (abbreviated as "MATSURI") website (), which is planned and operated by the Company.
(abbreviated as MATSURI
The terms used in this policy shall have the meanings ascribed to them in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act"). The terms used in this policy shall be governed by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information ("Personal Information Protection Act").
Article 1. Items of Personal Information to be Obtained
We obtain the following personal information about our customers
(1) Identification information
Customer's name, address, zip code, gender, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, account ID and password, SNS account information, etc.
(2) Information related to transactions
Information regarding transaction details and purchase history, etc.
(3) Settlement information
Information related to financial institution accounts, information related to settlement and its methods, etc.
(4) Information acquired when using the Service
Online identifiers such as cookie IDs, device information, location information, browsing history, and other information regarding use of the service (including access logs, IP addresses, browser information, browser language settings, etc.)
(5) Other information
Information, etc. related to inquiries, communications, etc. from customers to the Company
Article 2 Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will acquire and use customers' personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use (hereinafter referred to as the "Purposes of Use"). The Company will acquire and use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use (hereinafter referred to as the "Purposes of Use").
- To authenticate and manage customers when they register as members or use their customer accounts on this website.
- To deliver or provide purchased products or services, etc. (including provision to delivery companies)
- For billing and settlement of purchased products or services, etc. (including provision to settlement institutions)
- To respond to customer inquiries and complaints, contact customers, and provide after-sales service (including providing such information to the seller when the seller responds directly to customer inquiries and complaints).
- To inform you about new products and services (sending email newsletters and e-newsletters)
- To conduct or provide information on various campaigns, prize competitions, questionnaires, events, etc. conducted by the Company, its group companies, or exhibitors on this website.
- To improve this website, products or services offered on this website, and to plan, research and develop new products or services.
- To research and analyze marketing data, and to consider and implement marketing measures
- To provide, solicit, advertise, or otherwise market the products or services of the Company or third parties in accordance with your interests based on analysis of your attributes and behavioral history in the Company's or third parties' media (including providing your personal information to ad-serving companies and social network service providers as a prerequisite for these activities). (including the act of providing your personal information to an advertisement distributor or social network service provider as a precondition for these purposes)
- To prevent and respond to fraud, etc. (meaning fraud, cyber-attacks, and other illegal or potentially illegal activities in general)
- To maintain and manage this website
- To provide personal information to third parties in the manner described in this policy
Article 3 Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
(1) Principles of handling
Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal information entrusted to us by our customers to any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the customer.
- When required by law.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the customer's consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When permitted by other laws and regulations.
(2) Situations in which we provide personal information to third parties
Notwithstanding (1) above, please agree in advance that we may provide your personal information to third parties in the following cases
- When we provide your personal information to delivery service providers for the delivery of purchased products.
- When sharing payment information with companies that handle online payments, such as credit card payments
- When outsourcing reception and information services (whether by telephone, e-mail, or mail) concerning products or services handled on this website to affiliated companies with whom we have concluded confidentiality agreements.
- When we outsource the distribution of promotional information to third parties such as ad-serving companies and social network service providers.
- When providing customers' personal information as a result of a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business, or other business succession.
- When we provide your personal information to our group companies when we share your personal information with our group companies.
- When we provide your personal information to an exhibitor in order for that exhibitor to respond directly to your inquiries or complaints.
Article 4: Efforts for the Safe Management of Personal Information
We take the following measures to ensure the safe management of our customers' personal information.
(1) Efforts when customers use this website
This website is SSL-compatible to protect customers' personal information. Personal information such as name, address, telephone number, credit card number, etc., entered by customers on this website is automatically encrypted and transmitted using "SSL" so that even if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, there is no fear that the contents will be stolen.
(2) Security Control Measures for Personal Information Received from Customers
We take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information handled by us and to otherwise safely manage personal information. For more information on the security control measures taken by the Company, please contact "Article 10 Inquiry Desk".
(3) Understanding the External Environment
We store personal information received from our customers not only in Japan, but also on cloud services provided by entities located in the United States and the Republic of Singapore (cloud service providers do not handle personal information of customers). (The cloud service provider does not handle your personal information. Therefore, we will make efforts to understand the legal systems regarding the protection of personal information in the United States of America and the Republic of Singapore through public materials published by the Personal Information Protection Commission (
), and will implement safety control measures based on such information. In addition, we are striving to implement safety management measures in accordance with these laws and regulations.
In addition, we have a system in place to respond without delay to inquiries from customers regarding these points.
Article 5 Joint Use of Personal Data
The Company will share personal information entrusted to it by customers with its group companies (meaning the Company, its parent company, and their subsidiaries and affiliates) as follows. (the "Company" or its parent company, and its subsidiaries or affiliates) as follows.
(1) Items of personal information to be shared
Information as described in "1. Items of Personal Information to be Obtained".
(2) Purposes of use of personal information to be shared
Each purpose of use described in "2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
(3) Scope of joint users
Our group companies (
click here for details)
(4) Party responsible for management of joint use
The Company (3-2-1 Sakado, Takatsu-ku, Kawasaki City: Representative in Japan: Rie Kugimiya)
Article 6: Requests for Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, Deletion, etc. of Personal Information Held by the Company
We will confirm that the customer has the right to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc. of his/her own personal information, and if the customer requests any of these measures, we will promptly respond to the customer's request in accordance with our established procedures. Customers who wish to request any of the aforementioned measures should contact the "Article 10 Inquiry Desk.
Please note that we may refuse to disclose information if it interferes with our business operations or if it is other than the customer's own personal information.
Article 7 Personal Information
Please agree that we may use the following personally identifiable information about you provided by an affiliate site or affiliate service provider, in conjunction with the customer information we have about you, to pay commissions to the affiliate site in question.
- Information to identify the affiliate site you visited
- Information regarding the timing of your clicks on the site
- Information that enables the site or affiliate service provider to identify you
- Information on whether or not a customer has made a purchase on this website
information is information about a living individual that does not fall under any of the categories of personal information, pseudonymized information, or anonymized information, and that by itself cannot identify or specify the customer.
Article 8. Handling of Cookies on this Website
We may change this policy from time to time. Any changes to this policy will be posted on this website.
Article 10 Contact for Inquiries
If you have any comments, questions, complaints, or other inquiries regarding the handling of your personal information, please contact us at the following address.
Established February 17, 2023
CHITOSE BIO EVOLUTION PTE.LTD. Japan Branch
Sales office in Japan: 3-2-1 Sakado, Takatsu-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa
Representative in Japan: Rie Kugimiya
Microalgae Towards Sustainable and Resilient Industry (abbreviated as MATSURI) website (
Article 2 What is Cookie?
A cookie is a feature that allows your device (computer, tablet, or smartphone) to remember information about the websites you visit. Each time you visit a website, the cookie recognizes your device and stores information about the time and person visiting the website.
Cookies include session cookies, which are deleted spontaneously when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which are stored in your browser for a predefined period of time. Cookies include session cookies, which are deleted spontaneously when the browser is closed, and persistent cookies, which are stored in the browser for a predefined period of time.
Cookies are used on this website for the following purposes
To confirm which parts of this website are of interest to you, to improve the quality of this website based on the results of such confirmation, and to help improve its operation, structure, and content.
To provide services on this website and to optimize services
To develop new services and applications for our group companies
To implement marketing activities (including personalized advertising), including various events and campaign announcements
Article 4 Types of Cookies to be used
(1) Mandatory Cookies
Mandatory cookies are cookies that are essential for the website to function, such as navigating between pages of this website, accessing secure pages, etc. Mandatory cookies cannot be disabled. By accessing this website, essential cookies are automatically installed on your device.
Mandatory cookies are set in response to actions you take to request services on this website, such as providing services, purchasing products, logging into member pages, or filling out web forms.
(2) Analytical Cookies
Analytical cookies collect information to analyze and compile statistics on how you use this Web site, such as the pages you visit most and the times you visit. They also allow us to conduct user surveys and collect visitor feedback on the Website in general or on specific elements of the Website.
(3) Personalization cookies (or cookies for advertising and promotion)
Cookies for personalization are used to display advertisements that match the interests and concerns of individual customers when they browse the Internet. Cookies, etc. issued by other companies may be used to acquire behavioral information and distribute advertisements on this website and services.
Article 5. External Transmission of User Information for the Purpose of Analyzing Website Usage
(1) External transmissions to third-party companies
(a) External Transmission Destination
(a) Items of information transmitted externally
URL of the page being viewed
C. Purpose of External Transmission
We receive analysis results of this website (Google Analytic reports on user attributes and interest categories, etc.) from Google Inc. in order to understand how this website is used and to build a highly usable website based on these results. Google Inc. Google also uses the externally transmitted information for the purpose of providing the above services to us.
(2) External transmission to our web server
(a) External transmission to
In addition to the access analysis service provided by a third party company, the Company externally transmits the information listed in (b) below from your terminal to the Company's web server for the purpose of c) below, in order to understand how this website is used.
(a) Items of externally transmitted information
URL of the page being viewed
c. Purpose of external transmission
To make browsing this Web site more convenient, or to make the structure and content of this Web site more relevant to your needs.
Article 6. External Transmission of User Information for the Purpose of Advertising Distribution
(1) Overview of external transmission
We use Google Analytics as presented in Article 3 (1) to optimize the delivery of advertisements. Google Analytics uses externally transmitted cookies and ad IDs to deliver advertisements based on your interests and attributes.
(2) List of External Services in Use
a. Items of information to be externally transmitted
URL of the page being viewed
(b) Purpose of external transmission
To display advertisements presumed to be more relevant to your interests.
After opting out, the service will stop serving advertisements based on externally transmitted user information, and only general advertisements will be displayed. Please note that this means that the advertisements you receive will no longer be tailored to match your interests and demographics, and that you will not necessarily see fewer advertisements.
Article 7 Disabling Cookies
You may change your browser settings so that cookies are not enabled or stored on this Web site at any time. Please note, however, that if you change your cookie settings, some features of this website may not be available or may not function properly.
The cookie setting instructions for common browsers are listed below.
/ / Google
/ Microsoft Edge
Apple Safari (iPhone, iPad)
Apple Safari (Mac)
*For other web browsers, please visit the official web browser website.