TERMS OF SERVICE
Article 1 General Provisions
1 These terms and conditions apply to a shopping mall (hereinafter referred to as "the Mall") operated by CHITOSE BIO EVOLUTION PTE. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") operates a shopping mall (hereinafter referred to as the "Mall") on the Internet. The terms and conditions for the purchase of goods and services (hereinafter referred to as "goods, etc.") by customers on the shopping mall operated by CHITOSE BIO EVOLUTION PTE. The terms and conditions for the purchase of goods and services (hereinafter referred to as "Products, etc.") by customers at shopping malls operated by Japan Branch ("the Mall") on the Internet. The provision of services by the Company in connection with your use of the Mall are referred to herein as the "Services".
2 In addition to the Terms of Service, the Company may stipulate special terms and conditions, other subordinate terms of the Terms of Service, guidelines, etc. (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Terms of Service, etc."), which shall apply to the use of the Service by customers as part of the Terms of Service. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to your use of the Service as if they were a part of these Terms and Conditions.
4All transactions such as purchases of products, etc. that you make at the Mall are conducted directly between you and the seller of the products, etc. in question. Except in cases where the Company is the seller, the Company shall not be a party to the transaction and shall not be liable for such transaction. However, as a general rule, the Company shall be responsible for communicating with customers regarding transactions and shipping products, etc., when the Company is entrusted to do so by the sellers.
Article 2 Purchase Application, etc.
1Customers may apply to sellers at the Mall to purchase products, etc., in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company. The type of product listing may be either (1) a regular sales contract or (2) a purchase-type crowdfunding transaction. In the case of purchase-type crowdfunding, in particular, the transaction itself may be automatically cancelled if the target amount of purchase is not reached.
2The payment method, delivery method, and other transaction terms and conditions that customers may select when ordering Products vary depending on the Product. Customers are responsible for confirming these conditions before applying for the purchase of Products.
3A sales contract between a customer and a seller is concluded when the customer receives an order acceptance notice (e-mail) from the seller. If you do not receive an order acceptance notice (e-mail) from the seller despite having completed the order procedure, please contact the Company.
4If the seller refuses to conduct the transaction after the completion of the application procedure by the customer, the customer may not demand the seller to execute the sales contract.
5If the seller changes the transaction terms, such as shipping charges, delivery method, etc., after the completion of the application process, and if such changes are deemed to be an important factor in determining whether the customer will execute the transaction, the Company will notify the customer of such changes. The customer shall confirm the contents of the notification from the Company and take necessary actions.
Article 3 Payment
The customer shall make payment of the product price, etc. by the payment method selected at the time of order by the date designated by the seller. If payment is not made by the relevant due date, the purchase agreement based on such order may be automatically cancelled.
Article 4 Cancellation, Returns, etc.
1Withdrawal of application, cancellation of sales contract, and return or exchange of goods (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Returns, etc.") (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Returns, etc.") shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions separately stipulated by the Seller.
2In the event that the customer requests cancellation of the sales contract without any reason attributable to the seller or the Company, and the seller responds to such request, the customer may be required to pay the return shipping charges, even if the product purchased by the customer is a free shipping item.
3In principle, the Company will handle procedures for returns, exchanges, refunds, etc. with customers on behalf of the sellers under the contract between the Company and the sellers.
Article 5 Notification
1Notices, etc. from the Company to you regarding the Service will be sent by e-mail to the e-mail address in your latest Chitose member registration information or the information you entered when you made your purchase, posted on the Service's website, or by any other method the Company deems appropriate.
2You agree in advance that when the Company sends a notice by e-mail, the notice from the Company shall be deemed to have arrived at the earlier of the time when the Company sends the e-mail to the e-mail address in the preceding paragraph and the customer can read the e-mail or when 24 hours have passed after the Company sends the e-mail. You agree in advance that the Company's notice will be deemed to have arrived at the earlier of the following two points in time.
Article 6 Use of the Service by Minors
1If the customer is a minor, the customer shall use the Service with the consent of a person with parental authority or a guardian.
2Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, if a customer who is a minor is found to be using the Service without the consent of his/her parent or guardian, the Company may take any of the following measures without prior notice to the customer
(1) Suspend the customer's use of the Service, or suspend or cancel the customer's membership in the Company
(2) To suspend performance of transactions such as shipment of goods, etc.
3Tokyo Electron Limited may set age restrictions on the products, etc. that customers may purchase or on the scope of the Services available for use. In such cases, if a customer is found to be under the age specified by the Company and yet is purchasing products that cannot be purchased or using the Service, the Company may take the measures specified in each item of the preceding paragraph.
Article 7 Prohibitions
1The customer shall not engage in any of the following acts in using the Service.
- Violation of laws, court judgments, decisions or orders, or legally binding administrative measures
- Harming public order or good morals
- Provision of benefits or other cooperation with antisocial forces
- Transferring proceeds from a crime and aiding and abetting the transfer of proceeds from a crime
- Impersonating a third party or intentionally sending false information
- Offering to purchase goods, etc. without the intention of purchasing them.
- Purchase of goods, etc. using automated means (including acquisition of information on the listing page, etc.) Purchasing goods, etc. by automated means (including acquisition of information on the listing page)
- Failure to accept purchased goods, etc. without justifiable reason
- Return of purchased products without justifiable reason
- Proprietary transactions or internal or fictitious transactions within a related party
- Unauthorized acquisition of privileges or use of privileges for unauthorized purposes
- Infringing the rights of the Company, the exhibitor, other customers, or any third party, or causing trouble
- Acts of unauthorized access or acts that encourage such acts
- Inducing malfunction of this service
- Use, creation, or distribution of external tools that cause behavior that exploits bugs not normally intended by the Service, or that have effects not normally intended by the Service
- Excessive burden on the servers, computers, etc. of the Company, the exhibitor, or other customers
- Transmitting or distributing harmful programs such as computer viruses to the Company, exhibitors, other customers or other third parties.
- Interfering with the operation of this service
- Using the Service for any unauthorized purpose.
- Any other activities that the Company deems inappropriate.
2When a customer violates the provisions of the preceding paragraph or fails to fulfill his/her obligations to the seller or the Company, or when the Company deems that there is a possibility of such violation, the Company may take any of the following measures without prior notice to the customer.
(1) Suspension of the customer's use of the Service
(2) Suspending the performance of transactions such as the shipment of goods, etc., or requesting the Vendor to suspend the performance of such transactions.
(3) Request the customer to pay for the order by a method different from the payment method selected at the time of the order.
(4) To extinguish the customer's right to receive benefits or to return any unjustly obtained benefits
3We shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the customer as a result of the measures described in the preceding paragraphs.
4If you cause loss or damage to the Company as a result of your violation of Paragraph 1, you must return to the Company any profit you have earned and immediately compensate the Company for any damage caused.
Article 8 Handling of Personal Information
2The sellers of the products you purchase shall handle the personal information they obtain through your use of the Service in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Article 9 Prohibition of Transfer
You shall not transfer or lend your rights and obligations to use the Service to any third party.
Article 10 Indemnification
1. The Company shall not be liable for any damages in the event of partial or total suspension of the Service due to force majeure caused by natural disasters, war, terrorism, riot, enactment, amendment or abolition of laws and regulations, intervention or order of government agencies, epidemics, power outages, communication line or computer failure, interruption, delay, suspension or data loss due to system maintenance, unauthorized access, transportation accident, labor dispute, equipment accident or any other similar event. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the customer in the event of partial or total suspension of this service due to force majeure or other similar events.
2 Our responsibility in these Terms and Conditions, etc. shall be limited to operating the Service with reasonable efforts, and we shall not be responsible for and make no warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the accuracy, currency, usefulness, reliability, legality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third party rights of the Service.
3This company does not guarantee that e-mails, contents, etc. sent from this company's web pages, servers, domains, etc. will be free of computer viruses, etc.
5.5 The customer shall prepare the network, computer, software, and other usage environment to be used in using the Service at the customer's expense, and the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the preparation of the customer's usage environment, etc. or by the usage environment, etc.
6If the Company is liable to the Customer in connection with the Customer's use of the Service, the Company shall compensate the Customer only for damages to the extent that they are ordinary and direct damages actually incurred by the Customer, except in cases of intentional or gross negligence on the part of the Company. However, the Company shall not be liable for damages arising from special circumstances (including cases where the Company foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of damages). (2) The Company shall not be liable for any damage arising out of special circumstances.
Article 11 Suspension and Termination
1 The Company may suspend or terminate provision of the Service to specific or all customers without prior notice to customers.
2The Company shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage incurred by the customer as a result of the suspension or termination of this service.
Article 12 Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
Article 13 Revision
2If the Company decides to change the Terms and Conditions pursuant to the preceding paragraph, the Company shall make the revised Terms and Conditions known to all customers by displaying the revised Terms and Conditions on the Website or by other means specified by the Company, and the revised Terms and Conditions shall apply from the date a reasonable period of at least one month has elapsed as specified at the time the revised Terms and Conditions are made known. The revised Terms and Conditions shall apply from the date that a reasonable period of at least one (1) month has elapsed.
4This company may transfer the business related to this service to a third party, or cause a merger or corporate split, etc., and have the transferee, etc., succeed to the status, rights, and obligations under the Terms and Conditions, etc., as the transferee, etc. of such transfer. The customer agrees in advance to such assignment, etc.
Established February 17, 2023